I am bold also

The United States has a new "President," and I am starting a new blog.  The record of this blog will be stored on a database somewhere and will one day be read back to me in a courtroom.  I will doubtless have the opportunity to face my accusers, but what response will I give?  The accusation will be something like this: "you don't think like we do."  I will have no response.  My words will speak for themselves and I will have no defense.  I will be stripped of my rights, my freedom, my property, and I will be sent off to a camp somewhere to be re-educated.  Or perhaps I will just be imprisoned for the crime of wrong-think.  This is the future I am imagining for myself as the Harris Biden Administration takes office.  If I am thinking these things, what is the likelihood that other people are having similar thoughts?  Why am I thinking such thoughts?  I live in Oregon, the liberal capital of the country.  Everyone around me is so sure of themselves, and they assure me that nothing of the sort is on the horizon.  Everything is fine.  C'mon man!   But it is easy to test this hypothesis.  Try mentioning the name of our most recent commander in chief in a positive light, just to see what happens.  You will lose friends.  You will be estranged from family members.  And you will be treated like so much of something that gets wiped off of a boot and onto a curb in the street.  And moreover there will be no redemption possible for you.  How is this not already some pre-cursor to the aforementioned re-education camp or imprisonment?  It isn't.  But they don't see it that way.

People are becoming bold.  They see people like me and you as the enemy.  Maybe it is time to wise up a little bit.  Let's not tip our cards.  We are entering an age where warfare has become more sophisticated.  Instead of bombing a population into submission, the population is bombarded through social media posts.  If people would put down their phones for a minute maybe we wouldn't have to endure such unpleasantness.  If we are in a state of war, then be alert.  The invisible enemy walks around like a lion, seeking someone to devour.  Through prayer, Daniel shut the lions mouths and was delivered.  What happened to those wicked schemers who had accused Daniel to the king?

"...the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel, and they cast them into the den of lions, them, their children, and their wives; and the lions had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or ever they came at the bottom of the den."  (Daniel 6:24)

 Or ever they came at the bottom of the den.

-Penitent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prepare to Die

Don't Sleep on Young P.

Since You Asked…