Repent!

 Repent! - First word of Jesus' public ministry

Let me record how I chose the name "Young Penitent."  I was a rapper and I was trying to think of a name to go by.  I had just become a Christian and so I thought I needed a new name.  My old rapper name was MC faim.  I chose the name faim as a dyslexic anagram with a secret meaning that nobody but myself was privy to.  Ok, I'll tell you what it meant: "what am I forgetting?"  Turn the "w" upside down and you have an "m."  Re-arrange the letters, "m, a, i, f" and you spell "faim" (pronounced "fame").  I won't tell you what I meant by "what am I forgetting" except that it was a sort of mantra that I thought of one day when I was on 'shrooms.  Ok, I'll tell you what it means: the thing that I am always forgetting is that I always take it a step too far.  Well, that is what my older brother told me one time.  I guess it just stuck.

There; you now know the origin of my first rapper name.  Now on to the second.

I was originally going to choose the name "Young P" because I wanted to become a music mogul á la Master P, only I knew I couldn't live up to the success he had, so I only wanted to emulate his success in some small way.  Hence, "Young."  Somehow my Aunt heard that I was going by "Young P" and she searched YouTube and found that there was some black rapper in New York or New Jersey someplace already going by "Young P" and so I had to alter is somehow.  So I chose "Young Penitent."  It sounds Christian enough, huh?

I'm supposed to be a Penitent, one who is repenting.  I am no longer Young, but I retain the name because it would be a hassle to rebrand myself as "Penitent."  Besides, "Young Penitent" has a ring to it.  I have grown old, and yet I have not begun to repent.  Maybe I can start now?  Gong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prepare to Die

Don't Sleep on Young P.

Since You Asked…